pages

search the rooster

Thursday, April 12, 2018

? regret - raw poem

As with the images in this post, the following poem is raw: sudden, unrefined, unedited (somewhat like me currently). I scribbled this thing down on Monday just before the start of the clock job. I have not looked at it again until now. With a snatch of time I am throwing this up here as was scribbled.


sunrise, monday morning


my soul fractures
my soul crumbles
it does not vanish
regret
unfathomable
i have done things
     that embarrass me
i have done things
     that make me proud
i have dome things
     that amaze me
i have done things
     that make me shake my head
i have done things (and do)
     that i hate
resentment
now that's the ticket
to regret
     is to hate who you are
i cannot
to resent
     is to hate what you
          have done
          are doing
          will do
nevertheless
everything one
     has done
     does
     will do
is who you
     were
     are
     will be
how can you not want to be
     who you are
(how can i loathe myself)
     (sometimes it is hard not to)
i do not
i cannot


fogrise #1, thursday morning (today) [my favourite]


fogrise #2


#3


blbbl

No comments:

Post a Comment