pages

search the rooster

Friday, January 13, 2017

handkerchiefs - again


NB: I know this seems like a product endorsement, but I am just so pleased with these handkerchiefs I have to gush about them. I am receiving no compensation whatsoever for my comments.


After DHL Canada's shenanigans this week I decided to wait overnight to open up my handkerchief parcel from Marks & Spencer London. The bag they were shipped in is pretty neat. It is made to be resealed if you need to make a return, which is cool. I am sure I will find some use for it later.

the parcel

So, inside were all ten packs of the hankies in good condition. I unpacked a box for inspection. The packaging is a little over the top, but I guess they are packaged for display so they need to look presentable. Each hankie was wrapped around a piece of stiff paper and closed off with two pieces of tape. If I ordered them before Christmas I could have made gift cards and taped a bunch of gift wrap. I will save the paper and the next time I am ironing, I will flatten them out and use them for notepaper.

all the hankies

over-packaged

I inspected each one for quality and they are well made. The edge stitching is excellent. They are dyed through, so they are not crappy looking on the underside.

dyed through

They are nominally fifteen inches by fifteen inches (38cm x 38cm for you metric heads out there). Three inches longer per side over the sample I was given at The Bay.

the bay sample over top a stack of marks & sparks hankies

I am very pleased with these handkerchiefs, especially as they were on sale for $5.00 a pack and shipping was free for orders $50.00 and up. You cannot beat a buck-a-hank. They are also pretty fashionable. They can be used as a proper pocket square for a suit or blazer if you are not into silk foppery. In fact, they will make their debut at tomorrow night's Robbie Burns Dinner. I am now waiting with bated breath for their all blue pack to come back in stock, and hopefully on sale. They are listed as 45cm x 45cm (or just over 17½ inches by 17½ inches). Which would make them even better for field gear.

the blue hankies I desire ( courtesy marksandspencerlondon.com)

I will definitely be getting whatever they put on sale again though. They are awesome. Once I redistribute several throughout go-bags, camping and Scouting gear, and the like, not to mention that the boy is already eyeing them - so I will lose a bunch to him, I will need more. My schnoz is going to be so happy. blbbl

2 comments:

  1. Didn't know who Robbie Burns was until I looked up in Wikipedia... Saw the keywords Haggies and Whisky then it all made sense... Looking forward on your report on the handkerchief debut... James

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks James. I have added two links, one for the Bard and one for the Supper. I will conduct several tests with the hankies over the next while and follow up. Currently, they have been washed in hot and are now in the dryer.

    ReplyDelete