pages

search the rooster

Sunday, January 29, 2017

i love my wife

Crazy day today, so a short post. However, it is not a trivial post. The wife is awesome. 

We slept in today by accident. We got up at 8:27AM and the boy had to be at Ray's Reptiles for his volunteer shift as a Junior Mentor. He was supposed to be there for 9:00AM. It is about a twenty-five minute drive.

While I scramble to get myself ready to take him there, the wife sorts the boy out and gets him something to eat. The boy is ready before I am. Off we go. No real traffic being Sunday morning. I get him there at 9:03AM.

Quickly off to Farm Boy for some produce. Then Giant Tiger for more veggie seeds for this spring's garden. I get home and the wife is making lemon ice cream. She then makes banana muffins. Then she preps a batch of Mexican chocolate chili ice cream to chill later. The wife then heads to the neighbours' to shower. Our water heater ruptured the night before. She also arranges ablutions for the boy and I for later.

 Off I go, stopping for meatballs, then get the boy, and come home. Bacon and guacamole sandwiches for lunch. Awesome. I do the dishes in boiled water in the sink. The wife gives me a muffin still warm from the oven. Mmm, mmm, mmmm.

I ask the wife about making banana bread with pecans, if I hunt up the loaf pan. She says not today, but this week. Cool. I cannot wait to try it with my all natural peanut butter. Then the wife says in reference to the loaf pan, "Hey, we haven't had meatloaf in ages!"

Well, we all love meatloaf and I have an awesome recipe in a cookbook titled: The Fiery Cuisines. Plus, meatloaf is quick and easy to make. So, Tuesday is meatloaf night. Cool. Fantastic idea.

I have a planning meeting for this summer's Canada Jamboree tonight, so will not be around at dinnertime. I do a little bit of prep to make it easier for the wife to make dinner. You see, I do most of the cooking, mostly because I really enjoy it. The wife, she makes ice cream, waffles, mini doughnuts, baking in general, a variety of desserts, grill cheese sandwiches (which are super awesome), and breakfast. So, if my moderate amount of prep makes it easier, good.

This is (one reason) why I love the wife, my wife. We have a dynamic that has never failed us since the day we met, nearly thirty years ago (less than six weeks away).

The wife, I love you.



blbbl

No comments:

Post a Comment