pages

search the rooster

Tuesday, March 06, 2018

clock job - day two

So, upon reflection over yesterday's post, there are probably many of you thinking:

"Boo-hoo, he has to work fixed hours at a fixed location. Everyday. Boo-hoo-hoo."

Well, you are not wrong.

"Tough luck!"

True enough, again.

"What a whiner."

Well, maybe a little.

However, everybody does not fit in the same slot as everybody else.

I have known people who cannot, or are even unwilling to, take permanent employment. They like always not knowing what will happen next.

I have known people that could not make it outside of the military. They needed that kind of structure and oversight.

I have known people who work for themselves. They just cannot abide others telling them what to do or they think they can do it better on their own.

I have known people that went to and from work at the same time every day at the same place every day. It worked for them, always knowing when, where, and what they were doing.

I have known people that just drift along with the current of the universe. They just love the universe to surprise them. Probably more fun than not too.

I have known many very different and various people who fit in to many various and different slots in the work-world. Some fit happily, some did not.

Me, I no longer know what slot I need to fit in to. I just did not think it would be this one.

Anyway, it is quite an adjustment for me. I actually was out with boy for a few hours and just got back. I am running sixteen to eighteen hours, and more, non-stop the last several days before I can take a breather. Tomorrow is much the same.

Honestly, I am baffled at how people can work a clock job for decades.

Two days in and I can barely stay awake. And I have had them before!

Well, my hat is off to all who do it. Willingly and reluctantly.

This is the new me, I guess. I certainly will adjust. I always do in the end.

Well, I have more bits and bobs to do before bed. 

Yesterday, it was confusedly ordering socks online with gift cards as I do not have enough in good repair to get through the week. I am certainly not using my hiking/camping socks; those are for the woodland.

Tonight, it is laundry. As I said, I need socks, and tee-shirts. Somehow, my clothing in general has become a jumble. I will need to take some time on the weekend, among all my other tasks, to find what the hell is going on in the hamper.

Tomorrow? Something will pop up.

Well, as I said earlier, this is the new me: clock jobber, and all the "rights and privileges" that go with it.

Don't cry for me Argentina!

With hope: See you on the trail. blbbl

No comments:

Post a Comment