pages

search the rooster

Thursday, March 08, 2018

travailler á l'horloge - jour quatre - chaussettes!

So, for those who find my "French" incomprehensible, it is now day four with my jobbing the clock.

Things are better.

As the wife said, I appear "happier" today than all week.

I guess I am getting subsumed? enmeshed?

I am apparently there to stay. (I better get those boots!)

I have been offered overtime.

A standing offer, in fact.

Every Saturday, from early in the morning (before the Monday to Friday start time) until daytime-midnight (not my creation; a phrase a good friend of mine introduced me to).

Unfortunately, this Saturday is out; too many things are a juggling this weekend.

However, I know I will be in on more Saturdays than I can currently fathom.

Oh, yeah, the suggestion yesterday of sweeping during lulls was taken up by myself today.

I know a work area has to be kept clean and tidy, but I always find sweeping to keep, or look, busy somewhat foolish. 

Anyway, much of the floor around my work area is spotless, none the less.

I will come to terms with it all. 

As I have said, it is not where I thought I would be at this point in my life, but I  am here (there am I?)...


Hey, the first parcel of socks has come in!

They actually were at the Post Office waiting for me...


I have just opened the package...


Five pairs of socks!


Not what I ordered?!


Three pairs are the advertised size, but not the advertised socks.

Two pairs are the advertised socks, sort of, but woefully too small; they will go to the boy and the wife.

Just not really worth the hassle to send them back.

By the way, these socks were ordered from The Hudson's Bay Company (aka: "The Bay") off their website.

So, beware; you may just not get what you thought you were buying.

Also, they are supposed to be wool work socks; yeah no.

They are wool, but thinner than what I would accept as a work sock, but I will muddle through, for now - they were free-ish.

So, the next two parcels will be interesting.

The next one I should get is five socks again, but from a different manufacturer. So, hopefully, thicker and the right sizing?

The third package will most likely be the thin sock and too small. (I will never buy that brand again!)

If they ask for feedback, boy will they get it; in spades!

Online shopping is awesome!?


May we sight each other on the flipside!

I will be the guy tugging at his socks.


See you on the trail, here's hoping. blbbl

No comments:

Post a Comment