pages

search the rooster

Monday, March 05, 2018

clock job

So, something new-ish for me today.

I started a regular job.

Well, sort of; I did, but not fully yet.

I showed up to this new job today and spent most of the day in training and paperwork.

I actually, in the end, spent less than two hours "working", counting breaks.

The funny thing is, I actually stayed a bit late. The guy I was working with was not completely done at the buzzer (yes, an actual buzzer), so I, personally, could not just leave on him.

Anyway, this is very different from many jobs I have had over the years.

It is a true and solid clock job.

That is, a fixed start time, a fixed end time, a fixed work locale.

I have had them before, but many clock-type jobs I have had in the past had many liberties, or freedoms, if you will.

I could move my start and end times around, I could work off-site, I could, generally, choose what days to work.

I have also had more rigid clock jobs as well, but it has been a very, very long time.

Honestly, I never thought I would end up in a true clock job again.

Well, I have, it was not so bad, but I am limited in many options I have freely exercised for a good many years.

In particular, access to the woodland will be very limited to me; that will be tough.

Recently, I found a fantastic coffeeshop that I could do much of my other, sedentary, pursuits from; that avenue is shut to me now, except, if on a weekend I need to change venues from my home.

Too bad, I just started a book exchange thing, with the coffeshop as the "drop"; good thing I left a parcel just yesterday.

It is not that I hate it (the clock job, not the coffeeshop) or despise it. It is just I did not really see a return to this type of employment.

I know not if my new employer is aware the rooster. They should, if they researched me.

However, I cannot concern myself with that; I am who I am.

The rooster is an extension of myself now; even if, currently, I am posting much less frequently.

I have no intention to reveal my new place of employment, for so many reasons; we both need our confidentiality and arm's length from each other.

Sorry, but that is how it is; in my "me" link with my bio (which needs some tweaking and updating), I do say I will not tell all, nor will I lie about myself either.

So, there.

You will have to excuse me though; I have homework; more paperwork to complete for the clock job.

Plus, I need to resolve myself to this new path I am on.

Probably for a very long time indeed. (The clock job, not the resolution. Then again...)

See you on the trail; I hope. blbbl

No comments:

Post a Comment