pages

search the rooster

Saturday, March 10, 2018

jobbing the clock - five days - week in review

So, I think this is almost out of my system. As a new (again) thing for me. I actually had all kinds of "stuff" I was going to cover, but much has left my mind. It happens sometimes. Some of you know why, some of you do not. Oh well.


Work: Getting used to it, more and more.

No choice really. 

There is one unexpected perk.

In the latter part of the week, a box appeared on the shop floor. 

It said "free stuff".

Yup.

I took a casual gander; various crap.

There was a monitor too; I may grab it on Monday if it still there.

It is probably not so good; but the members of my Scout Troop that are going to the Great Lakes Jamboree this summer are doing an e-waste fundraiser in April.

I can add that to the pile.

I think I will call this occasional "free stuff": "Employment Bonuses"; it sounds classier.

The job does give my mind lots of time to ponder. I may have to get a voice recorder to note my thoughts before I forget them.


Socks: All the socks came in!

I was right about them; the one pair was of the smaller size, the others were thick and tall and actual work socks.

I did try on the "too small" socks and oddly they fit, albeit a tad un-tall.

I will wear these thinner ones, tall-ish and un-tall, for now and save the thick and tall ones for later.

Still not impressed with The Bay though.


Boots: I have yet to follow up on that.

For the love of my feet, I better soon as my feet are unhappy.

These old boots do not have a lot of life left in them either.

Hopefully this week sometime I will get new foot-coverings and the old ones will become yet another pair of truck boots.


My clothes jumble: Still a clothes jumble.

Another thing to move on as I know I have more crappy tee-shirts; I just cannot find them.

As with my hiking/camping socks, I will not sacrifice my hiking/camping shirts, or any hiking/camping clothing, for non-hiking/camping activities.


Well, there you have it.

I do not foresee a change on the horizon for a long time.

I just need to get my ducks in a row before they peck me to death.


I am sure most of you are relieved that I may just leave this topic for a bit.


I have a few, maybe even a bunch, of other irons in the fire as to topics to post about.

I just need to remember to remember them properly and restart taking notes, or, at least, give myself reminders.


Busy day tomorrow, the boy and I, and a couple of others, are going to start that hiking shelter repair.

I think I mentioned that before?

The boy is repairing our home-turf hiking shelter as it is not much of a shelter any longer; it is like standing under a colander of draining pasta when it is raining.

He is doing this for his Chief Scout's Award, and the fact that he thinks a shelter should provide shelter.

I also hope to get back to searching for boots for work.

Maybe even unjumble the jumble.

Plus, Daylight Savings Time comes in to effect overnight.

Spring ahead and lose an hour.


So, a very busy, and one hour shorter, day tomorrow.


Amazing though, how something as simple as work or socks, can weigh a person down at times?


Boogie on down the Road.


See you on the trail! blbbl

No comments:

Post a Comment