pages

search the rooster

Monday, January 08, 2018

post 367 - here's the skinny

So, like I have been saying, today is the day that everything changes.


This post is my last "in-a-row" post. I have now posted every day for a year. A leap year. Plus an extra day. Three-hundred-and-sixty-seven days. Some of you will have noticed that some of my posts lately were, at times, a stretch and a struggle.

Instead of forcing myself, any longer, to post mediocre material, I will take more time to develop my posts and consider what the rooster is putting forth. It does not mean that there will not be any posts on consecutive days, but it will be less likely. 

It also does not mean there will not be mediocre posts. One person's awesome can be another's mediocrity.

If something jumps in my head and I think it is worth sharing and it does not need much percolation, I will write it and post it. Otherwise, if I truly feel I need to develop it, I will take time to work on it. There are subjects I would like to get back to, which I planned and promised. I have follow-ups on handkerchiefs and lip balms after some field testing. These will be coming up soon enough, but only when they are ready.

Expect one or two posts a week, but it could be fewer, or it could be more. I will still probably do the odd travelogue, but perhaps in a different format. The boy and I, amongst others, will be going to the Great Lakes Jamboree this summer, so expect at least a few from there.

There is some good stuff in here, if I do say so myself. Feel free to peruse and check out the older posts if you have not read them. Reread them, I do. Hey, feel free to submit some comments. That would be nice. At least I would know I am not posting in a vacuum.

I will be doing some retooling of the blog as well. Not a lot probably, but bits here and there. You may have noticed that I have already started. I am hoping to add labels as well and finally finish cloning this blogger site on my wordpress site.


A bit of an update on things around here:


Lots of snow overnight and today and the snowblower still will not start. I have tried everything except for beating it with a stick. I think there is moisture in places where it should not be, so a-shovelling I have been. The bright side? I now have a second line of anti-zombie fortifications. If they come this winter, I will be ready, because like it or not, the undead conflagration is coming people, or, as many call it: the zombie apocalypse. Just not from where you may expect it.


I got my Tibetan Prayer Flags up today! Hooray!! According to my calculations, it was not an inauspicious day. It was a Monday. It was morning. It was windy. And, even though it was snowing, it was sunny. So, that should be all good. I really enjoyed putting them up and really like looking at them and watching them in the breeze. The birds do not seem to mind them either. The squirrels are indifferent to them. As soon as I have some time to go back to the shop and cash to spare, I think I am going to get some more prayer flags.



I am going to leave you with some pictures of the prayer flags out back of the house. And yes, those round ball-like objects you see are Christmas tree ornaments that I no longer wanted to use on our tree, but could not just discard (they are the "unbreakable" type); I think they add to the whole atmosphere. Enjoy! blbbl












No comments:

Post a Comment