pages

search the rooster

Sunday, January 28, 2018

sniffle, cough, FVMNEGNJKLEBNJKL;QEGVB!

I am sick. 

Quite sick actually.

I hate being sick.

The boy brought home some plague variant.

It took a week to get the filthy beast attached to me, but it is now living in my lungs.

It notched up a few days ago. 

Sneezing, oddly, then coughing.

Then more of both.

Then lots of mucous.

I retaliated with lots of tea with honey and cup-o-soup, no honey.

It is doing its darnedest to shut me down, but I am stubborn.

I even managed a couple of hikes this weekend; one with the Scout Troop.

One thing I noticed, is that while out in the woodland, I feel great.

Sure, I am still coughing, but not so bad.

One thing that sucks, is when I sneeze, I cannot help but speak in some ancient, unrecorded language.

The same often when I cough.

Hence, the title.

I think it means: "THIS SUCKS! I HATE BEING SICK; WHY ME?!?!?!"

Another thing that sucks?

The sneezing and coughing is so intense, it brings on crushing headaches, verging on migraines.

The coughing has been so intense, that my ribs ache; they feel bruised.

When I feel a coughing fit coming on, I have a great fear and trepidation.

However, the reason I need to cough is that it feels like a squirrel, perhaps a badger, is trying to claw its way out through my windpipe.

Once the coughing starts and the chest and ribs ache even more, the trepidation is gone as my throat is temporarily relieved of its agony.

Sadly, it all comes back far too quickly along with the trepidation.

Some of my fits have been so intense that the wife and/or the boy come running in to the room to see if I am okay; as in: did I collapse on the floor?

The coughs started to be accompanied by inhalation wheezing yesterday and varies in intensity.

Because of this, I suspect I may have developed a bronchial infection.

Some years back, I was very prone to them and they led to pneumonia at least once a year.

This went on for a half-dozen-odd years.

Hopefully, this is not the case this time.

Well, I did break out the Cēpacol.

Hopefully, its magical healing properties take hold.

Otherwise, to paraphrase a protocol droid I am familiar with: " I'm doomed."

Now, for more tea with honey and cup-o-soup without.

Did I mention I was sick?

FVMNEGNJKLEBNJKL;QEGVB!*

*THIS SUCKS! I HATE BEING SICK; WHY ME?!?!?!

blbbl

No comments:

Post a Comment