pages

search the rooster

Sunday, February 05, 2017

i love stale popcorn

Yes. I love popcorn that is stale. I love the squishy and chewy texture. The best is movie theatre popcorn that you do not finish and bring home. It is not that I do not like fresh popcorn, I quite enjoy that too. However, when popcorn has been left out for a couple of days, it is something quite different and delectable to me.

yummy, after sitting out for a couple of days (mugged from some random forum)

Now, I do not deliberately leave it out to absorb moisture from the air. No, that would be silly. It also has nothing to do with the fact that I am a cheapskate and will not throw it out, although it probably does not hurt either. I just love it. Pretty much any plain, buttery, or even cheesy, popcorn will satisfy me. But not the unholy aberrations like dill pickle or ranch. 

I too, also love stale corn twists and tortilla or Frito corn chips (both regular and barbecue). It is quite a treat when I find a bag in the back of the cupboard, long forgotten. Again, it is that chewiness that, to me, makes it a treat.

a delicious back of the cupboard treasure (courtesy fritolay.com)

enjoy! (courtesy wallethub.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment