pages

search the rooster

Sunday, February 12, 2017

weather - snow and relaxing

So, still in Hamilton and back at the mother-in-law's. We just sorted out her turntable, just needed a power supply for the pre-amp. We are now listening to the Hits of the Blitz. It is quite soothing with all the snow coming down the last several hours.

I love snow, but I generally hate shovelling. Yet, today I have shovelled two driveways and had great fun. It was quite relaxing as well. I love big, heavy snowfalls. It is extremely beautiful when everything gets a coating of white. The roads are no longer filthy and slushy (for a while). The farm fields are great vistas of alabaster. The trees turn into cloudy puffballs.

Hey! I just saw a cardinal in the backyard!! One of my favourite birds. A handsome devil.

This is what Sunday afternoons should be about. Relaxing, listening to mellow music, enjoying nature, maybe a read, small fun chores.

The snow has slackened off and I have just been outside filling all the birdfeeders around the house. So, I am going to sign-off and get a book and read and glance up every now and again to enjoy the birds feeding and flitting around. You should too.

Enjoy the show nature has to offer.

one of no less than three cardinals at the feeders

No comments:

Post a Comment