pages

search the rooster

Monday, February 13, 2017

volkswagen drivers - das böneheads

Back in the Ottawa Valley, but let me tell you: from the beginning of December last year through this trip back home, I have been struggling with Volkswagen drivers. In fact, this has been going on for years, but it has been really bad since just before Christmas.

I have driven down to Hamilton twice and all over the Valley in the last two-and-a-half months and VW drivers keep getting in the way, and not in a good way. They are driving too slow and blocking lanes. They are driving too fast and causing people to react in unpredictable ways. They are cutting off other vehicles, including mine. They are changing lanes or turning and not signalling. Mostly, all-round aggressive or clueless driving.

So many frustrating actions, they cannot all be tabulated. When I was a young lad, it always seemed to be Volvo drivers. I think it had something to do with the high praise it received as a safe vehicle. Volvo drivers somehow thought that since they drove a safe vehicle, they could do what they wanted on the roads. It appears the same attitude now resides with VW doofuses. Except the VW has not received so much high praise lately.

Of course not all VW drivers are driving with blinders on and not all of these dinks are VW drivers. However, these guys take first place. Now, when I see one of these "Das Auto" wieners, I prepare for some careless driving. Let me tell you, I am rarely disappointed. 

Apparently, South Africans agree, there are several posts on VW forums by VW drivers, asking why VW drivers blow. Lots of theories. However, age is irrelevant; young, old, and everything in between have fouled me on the roads. Fast, slow, and everything in between have fouled me on the roads. The wife and the boy have noticed it too and commented.

Honestly, the only conclusion I can come up with is that it is the type of people who buy them. They are inconsiderate asses, plain and simple. I have known a few who are not. Yes, James you are one of the not asses. Yet, my brother had two Passat Synchros, he very often could be one of the asses, regardless of how very good a driver he actually was.

It has truly turned me off completely from ever wanting to own any type of VW. I do not want to be lumped in with those clot-heads.When the ads say "drivers wanted", they left out an adjective. So, when you are out there on the highways and byways, keep your eyes peeled for "the people's car" and their bönehead drivers.


what the ads should have said


No comments:

Post a Comment