pages

search the rooster

Friday, August 25, 2017

a futile day

Not much to report or reflect upon today.

I ran around town like a chicken sans head. I had passed a place the other day that had a bunch of old lawnmowers and a rototiller. I did not stop when I first saw it as it was late in the day. For the life of me, I could not remember where I saw them. I went out for some errands and drove a circuitous route thinking I would find them again. No dice.

Well, our little town has a small engine repair joint. Or, I should say, had a small engine repair joint. The wife and I loaded up the lawnmower in the back of the truck and I went over to see what it would take to fix the mower, or trade it for an old one I like. Now it is some artsy-fartsy dance/craft/paint thing.

This town has no less than three licensed auto mechanics and a bevy of home garage ones. Three pizza joints (well maybe two now, one has not been open for a week). But no small engine guys. We do not even have a "Chinese" restaurant. That is like a Canadian birthright. Every town has at least one. I have been in some very remote places in this country and you can generally find a "Chinese" restaurant, except in some places in the Arctic.

So, home I come, we unload the mower and the wife hits Facebook to ask if there are any small engine guys in town. Nope. There is a guy in the town over that will come to your house. She left a message. There is a guy two towns over that is a buddy of one of my friends, but he is somewhat dour and lowballs equipment if you want to sell or trade to him.

Now I wait upon this travelling wizard to contact me. It is late Friday afternoon. Unlikely I will hear from him before Monday. After all this, I still managed to whip some stuff up for supper out of the freezer; it is cooking right now. I have also been given dispensation by the wife/sheriff to be on the interweb for the Rooster and to monitor my online sales items and answer questions about them.

Alas, the grass still grows to jungle-like proportions and the Expanding Legion of Evil is .... Jumpin' Jehoshaphat!!! I kid you not, as I was typing this sentence about the satanic squirrel squad, I looked over at a feeder and there was a new recruit on the feeder like nobody's business. if I did not chase it away, it would have been making the feeder breakfast tomorrow morning. This one has an orange back and tail, but he rest is black. I will call him Two-tone for now until I come up with a better moniker. Well back on patrol to stop those vile vermin from denying the beautiful birds their vittles. blbbl

No comments:

Post a Comment