pages

search the rooster

Thursday, August 10, 2017

the world keeps turning - in a canoe

Just back from chores, errands, and getting sorted for canoe instruction this weekend with the wife. Not the best time for it, but a commitment is a commitment.

Anyway, basement is almost finally put back together, but still have tons of stuff to sort and no bookshelves yet either. Next, putting the garage back together. So much crap was thrown in there to keep it dry or removed because it was wet; whatever.

We realised too how much stuff needs to be sold on kijunkjunk (my nickname for kijiji), but is still sitting around and taking up space. Crossed fingers for next week to get that rolling.

The garden is all but a total write-off. A few cucumber and tomato plants. It looks like I might actually have some potatoes though. As long as they stop getting flooded.

Anyway, my point is that no matter what is going on and if it overtakes you or forces you to change directions: life goes on, with or without you.

To that, to not get left behind, I may go dark for a few days here on the rooster. I will, as likely as not, be stepping back from attempting to post every day and move towards three to five times a week very shortly. 

This post is my two-hundred-and-sixteenth post in a row since I started. Some posts are less than stellar, some (I believe) are pretty damned good. My readership was climbing until, on or about, Friday 19 May 2017 when it crashed and has not recovered very well. Basically, it is not like more and more people are reading the rooster. Google has blown me off for trying to run ads so I could make a few bucks.

I appreciate all those who have been there from the beginning and are still here, especially that one person in Portugal. I also appreciate those that have joined us at various points since this journey started and even those who move in and out with some frequency.

However, to be completely honest, time to get a haircut and a real job. This blog is not paying the bills and it appears that Google's business model includes denying opportunities to small time operators like myself. I will live. The world will keep turning. The universe will not implode. I just need to admit this experiment has not provided what some hoped for. I am not stopping, but I am not breaking my back anymore either. Some will tell me too bad. Whatever. Some will tell me they knew I would give up. Not giving up, just adjusting to the flow of things. Some will tell me they knew it would not work. Yeah, I already knew about your negativity: Bite me.

Anyway, need to get a good night's sleep. Still have lots to do and then canoe instruction, plus I have to find my aerial photographs. History waits for no man Jablonski! blbbl

No comments:

Post a Comment