pages

search the rooster

Saturday, August 19, 2017

lone star texas grill - review

A friend of ours took us all out to the "Lone Star Texas Grill", the one at the end of Carling Avenue in Kanata.

So, I ordered a beer. They were out of that one. I ordered a different beer. They were out of that one too. The waiter recommended a beer I consider pretty week and flavourless. I picked a very hoppy ale. They had that.

Okay, three's the charm.

The wife ordered fajitas. I was not in the mood to assemble my food tonight. I looked at the menu, the boy and our friend wanted steak. I asked if they did chicken fried steak anymore. They used to do it really well when they only had one location. Alas, they no longer serve it. T-bone it is.

We also had calamari and chicken wings for a starter. Acceptable, beyond most chain restaurants. The mains arrived. Pretty big servings. My steak was extremely tender. The boy was having trouble with his. It was basically a baseball steak, it was so tall. The knives they gave us for the steaks were crap actually. The boy, for some reason, did not bring his folding knife. I gave him mine and then he had no trouble cutting.

We dined for about one-and-a-half hours. It was leisurely. The waiter was really good as well.

Two beefs about the place. First: their wifi is awful. The signup process is convoluted, invasive, and a bit slimy. Why? You need to enter your mobile number and email and agree to solicitations by email. Okay? So, why do you need my mobile number? Anyway, I did not sign up. I usually grab free wifi when I can, but not to whore myself out though.

Beef number two: their steak knives suck. Bring a reliable pocket knife. If you want to serve steak, then get decent knives. Period.

All in all, an okay place. 3½ stars. Nothing too special, probably good with a bigger group, especially fajitas. blbbl

a shot of the interior

No comments:

Post a Comment