pages

search the rooster

Wednesday, August 02, 2017

thunderbolt and lightning - very, very frightening

Bohemian Rhapsody is close enough for this Polak. 

Trying to beat the rain, I cut the jungle again. While doing that, I received an absolutely wicked sting or bite from what I do not know. It may have been one mighty tough wasp. It happened by the front cedar hedge and I suspect that there may be a nest in there. We had one a few years back in that hedge. We had to get someone in to remove it. It was all through the hedge. One piece was bigger than a NFL football. I have never seen or heard of wasps building nests in cedar hedges. Lucky me, I think we got a second one. "Beelzebub has a devil put aside for me."

I am actually limping from the sting. It is excruciating. But one carries on. "So you think you can stone me and spit in my eye."

At 4:30 PM, the sky ripped open and it poured and stormed. Then it hailed. Ninety minutes later, it more or less stopped. The whole time I was nervous that the basement would flood. Luckily, so far, it has not. "Ooh yeah, ooh yeah."

Sixty minutes after it stopped, it has started raining again, lots of rumbling and threatening to storm. The power even went out for a few seconds. I can see water running down the road too, but the levels have kept down and the rain is moderate. I am going to stay on edge for a while though. Until I find out why the storm drains did not fulfil their purpose, I can only presume they will fail again. "Oh baby can't do this to me baby."

Well, what can you do but try to be ready. "Anyway the wind blows." blbbl

No comments:

Post a Comment