pages

search the rooster

Thursday, August 17, 2017

well, only because they asked

So, I was going to take a break from posting today, but I will update you briefly about my attempt to help Google make money.

On 17 July 2017, I applied to Google AdSense to put advertisements on my blog site. This would have allowed me to generate a very modest income and much more for Google.

At first, the messages I received were positive. I thought great. It will be active in a day or two.

The next day they sent me an email and told me I did not have enough content. I have not made any big changes since then as I have been really rather busy with many volunteer and support roles. That, and the universe trying to kill me.

So, today, in the wee hours of the morning, I get an email from Google AdSense asking if I am ready to start running ads. So, for shallots and gherkins, I clicked the link to apply again. Hey, they came to me.

I confirm my account, the one they will not let me actually use for AdSense, and this is what pops up:



Up close:



So, I say to myself: Self, last time it took less than twenty-four hours to tell me to pound salt and that I could not help Google make money. Now, it may take more than three days for them to make up their minds? Which will most likely end in another rejection. It is like dating in high school again.

Sure, whatever. I do have some topics that are longish and may provide the verbosity they are seeking, but I have several other ducks to get in a row so my house does not fall down around my ears while I am taking a dump. Or worse. Or at least hilarious.

If Google is nothing else, they are entertaining in their bizarre business practices.

Now, I need to return Henry Kissinger's glasses.

"The sum of the square roots of any two sides of an isosceles triangle is equal to the square root of the remaining side."

blbbl

No comments:

Post a Comment