pages

search the rooster

Tuesday, August 15, 2017

kontinuum - wtf?????

We took the wife's cousin to two activities today. The first was Mosaïcanada, I will cover that tomorrow. The second was the so-called Kontinuum.

Kontinuum? What a farce. The write-up on the website is a fantasy. Before we even went in, they checked my daypack; fair enough. We could not bring our water in, so we disposed of it. Then we went through a security checkpoint. Yes, we did. Metal detectors and everything. It was like going to see the Senators play a hockey game. So, the boy had to leave his pocket knife. I had to leave my two pocket knives and my Leatherman multi-tool. The best, the young lad I was dealing with was about to lecture me on why I should not carry a pocket knife. I stopped him and said that the carrying of these tools would not be discussed. Good thing I did not tell him I was a second-degree Shotokan Karate black belt, he may have required me to go in leg-irons and hand-cuffs. The boy's "security" guy actually asked if he should even have a pocket knife.

Anyway, we went through and were told that it would take thirty-five to forty-five minutes. We were out in less than fifteen. Picture a non-crowded, walking, alcohol and drug free rave. But really super boring, with crappy music, and without focus. I figure as this is in a future light rail station we were in and with all that is happening with the Canada 150 celebrations, they were required to halt work. So, I figure the development company behind the work had one really messed up brainstorming idea to milk the City of Ottawa during the work stoppage and pulled off the bonehead idea.

In the end, to me, not worth the effort. If you do decide to go, do not bring liquids or anything that might be a "weapon". Whatever. What-a-joke. blbbl

No comments:

Post a Comment