pages

search the rooster

Thursday, March 09, 2017

campfire blanket - crests - stage one

Sorry, but it is going to be a short post today. I am wiped out.

So, after hiking in the Marlborough Forest and and taking care of various Scouting related administration, I set to work on the boy's campfire blanket.

We have a badge trading session tomorrow night, so over the last few days we have been sorting, separating, and organising crests and badges for trading and for his blanket as nothing was ever sewn on.

I have spent the better part of the day doing this and I have only set up the back of the blanket. About half the overall placement is done. Now I need to tack the crests and badges on to the blanket with fabric glue and hope the offer I received from someone to sew them on for us with their machine still stands.

After this catch-up, it will be all manual sewing. We have learnt that some crests are missing. Pretty sure we never got them, which bites. Some, I know, were never awarded or given. Will need to put the squeeze on some people to make it happen.

Fortunately, this all falls in line with my pledge to get my act together. So, that is nice. Frankly though, I am exhausted from all the sorting, checking, cross-referencing, blah, blah, blah. I am hoping to convince/trick the wife to let me leave it all on the floor for the night. I am not sure I have enough energy left to tack all the insignia down to the blanket.

Well, time to clean the kitchen, while making supper. An early bedtime too.

the back of the blanket, you can see a couple of "holes" where crests are missing 
also some missing at the top, which explains the lack of symmetry

No comments:

Post a Comment