pages

search the rooster

Wednesday, March 29, 2017

the zombie apocalypse is upon us

Yes. I am not delusional. I saw it today. And all those movies and television shows that depict it starting at a hospital are right.

I was at the hospital today with the boy for some tests and we were in the waiting area. There were about eighteen of us and all but two of us were obviously affected. Even the boy and I were temporarily seized. The two that were not, were very quiet, they obviously knew that avoiding loud noises and minimising movement would help avoid becoming zombies.

Of those affected, they were all on tablets or mobile phones, oblivious to the reality around us. I remember hearing that using cell phones too much could lead to brain cancer. Oh, so close. It leads to zombiefication.

is this you? (courtesy dreamstime.com)

Fortunately, it is reversible. The boy ran his tablet's battery down and I had a book that I gave to him. He fired through eighteen pages in no time and it appeared that the zombie curse was reversed. At least for now.

We both seemed normal afterwards and even had a lengthy conversation in the truck when I took him back to school. For now, we are safe. Yet, I worry for all those people that are unable to reverse the effects. How many times have we seen someone walk into a door or wall or post while being engrossed in their tablet or phone.

calling for zombie reinforcements? (courtesy dreamstime.com)

The wife told me about a close call once on an elevator. Two phone zombies were on with her and they rode right past their floor. Fortunately for her, they got back on the elevator while she made it to the safety of her car.

I used to be immune to the effects of technology zombiefication. I would always have a book wherever I went and would read. Failing that, I would rifle through a notebook and go over tasks completed or to do. I still carry them, but the hold of the table and phone can be quite strong.

For the sake of humanity, I have to leave my tablet at home from now on and limit my mobile phone use. I recommend everyone carry a book or bring their to-do list with them when they know they are going to be waiting somewhere. The human race could depend on it.

Now, with that taken care of, I need to find that soylent green factory and destroy it. blbbl


the source of my next mission (courtesy pinterest.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment