pages

search the rooster

Friday, September 29, 2017

campfire tales

Tonight we had an informal campfire. It evolved in to story telling of sorts. There were various tales told, but the best, to me, were three different "stories" told by three different Scouts. All were basically a recurring loop. I will retell them for you.


#1 The setup, someone mentioned ducks and the Scout launched in:

Ducks?

I hate ducks!

They drive me crazy!

Crazy?

I was crazy once. They put me in a room.

A rubber room! With ducks?

Rubber ducks!

Ducks? . . . . .

Totally awesome. He had the right movements and look in his eye too.


#2 Some one just asked for a story:

Pete and Repeat are standing on a bridge.

Pete jumps off.

Who's left?

Answer: Repeat.

Pete and Repeat are standing on a bridge . . . . . .

The Scout's tone was perfectly level the whole time. He must have looped five times the first time he told it.


#3 Again some one wanted a story, a spooky story:

It was a dark and stormy night.

The Captain and First Mate are sitting at a table.

The Captain says, "Tell me a story, First Mate."

The First Mate says, "It was a dark and stormy night . . . . . ."

Again perfect tone.


Can you believe I fell for it three times? I laughed every time. blbbl

No comments:

Post a Comment