pages

search the rooster

Tuesday, September 26, 2017

sometimes, you just need to shoot the breeze

A friend of mine came over this morning to borrow something from me. What started as an intended quick exchange by both parties, became an afternoon long casual discussion. It was punctuated at times with many emails on both our parts needing review, but we had a amiable chat.

Of course, I talk with the wife, my best friends, and neighbours, but it has been so long since I have just shot the breeze in person for no good reason (especially someone "new"), I forgot how relaxing it could be. Sure, there were some serious discussions, interspersed with the general and inane.

All in all, it was pleasant. Basically, we had a bull-session. Of course, I have these types of chats with my best, and oldest, friend over the phone most every week, but an in-person gab-fest has a different air. And, of course, the neighbours and us have each other over from time to time and have campfires too. However, they can get quite serious, usually at my doing.

Anyway, this evening was supposed to be the boys sword training, but he had a long day today and he also felt is was too hot. No worries, I got the night off from chauffeuring. It has lent itself to another blabber-marathon with the wife. Much more laid back than usual. More like our "cloud-talk" of the past. 

Two bull-sessions in one night. Lucky me. I highly recommend everyone make a regular occurrence of such endeavours, regardless of venue or medium. Notwithstanding of what you call them: cloud-talk, bull-session, shooting the breeze, blowing wind up the kilt, chewing the fat, schmoozing, gab-fest, chewing the cud, whatever. Sometimes, it can be quite cathartic. blbbl

No comments:

Post a Comment