pages

search the rooster

Wednesday, September 13, 2017

the dog is off the table

As I mentioned in an earlier post, we were supposed to get a dog through the CNIB. It was to be a stud dog all the way from Australia.

Well, decisions have been made. The end result at this time, as I understand it, is that no dogs are being brought in to a breeding program to raise Guide Dogs for people with vision loss.

We were all looking forward to having this dog as a part of our family. Now, if the program is restarted, it will most likely be a year or more before dogs are brought in to the program.

Unfortunately, if we are still included as part of this great program, it will most likely not be the dog we were expecting. We had already learnt some of his history, his name, and have a picture of him. I am unable to share any of what I know of him or his photo, as I think it will sting too much.

I will keep his photo as my wallpaper on my tablet for now, but only to remind myself of what was lost before it was received.

My hope is that this decision will be reviewed in short order and reversed. I will keep my personal observations to myself for the time being on what has transpired, other than that I do not think it was the best decision to make. Now, in addition to deciding if we go another route to get a dog or wait, I still have to tell the boy. blbbl

No comments:

Post a Comment