pages

search the rooster

Monday, September 18, 2017

holy administration

Back to school, back to Scouting, back to my outdoors club, trying to get back to trail maintenance. Not to forget my truck: windshield work and general maintenance.

I do not remember a September so demanding.

An admin/planning meeting last night for the Scout Troop, one for the Scout Group tonight. Planning two camps over the next five weeks.

All the forms and files from the boy's school.

Meetings, admin, and maintenance with my club.

I have not been on the Rideau Trail since coming back from the Scout Jamboree. I need to get back on as next month the postponed Scout Rideau Challenge Journey hike from last May is next month and all participants will hike through part or all of our (the boy and I) section of trail we maintain.

Got the truck's windshield gasket repaired super early this morning. No more duct tape and huge rubber whips slapping the side of the truck. The wife has the truck the rest of this week as her car absolutely needs a brake job. So, organising a tuneup and some maintenance for my truck, I hope next week.

Before that, just managed to close the pool, some overdue yard maintenance and more yet to come. And do not forget the slaying of a carpenter ant colony.

I am also head chef at Casa Resort Rooster, excepting breakfast and grill cheese sandwiches; chief bottle washer, excepting wood flooring and dusting; and general serf-about-town.

Holy mac! Just back from the Scout Group meeting. A very switched on bunch of people. Very open minded and lots of great ideas. But I am knackered. A lot of information and great ideas to soak in. 

Tomorrow, the rooster begins recounting my tale of woe that began with a bottle drive and ended up with the whole family becoming members of another Scout Group. Prepare for drama, anger, deceit, guile, and subterfuge. blbbl

No comments:

Post a Comment