pages

search the rooster

Sunday, September 03, 2017

EMP?!?

I really do not post about politics or current events as a general rule. However, Kim Jong-un's (KJu) rhetoric and actions of late are over the top, to say the least.

We know North Korea (DPRK) has atomic bomb capability and very possibly hydrogen bomb capability as well. We know they have various range delivery systems that have been tested successfully and possibly delivery systems that could strike North America and Europe. It is highly debatable if the DPRK currently has the capability to "miniaturise" these destructive explosive devices. However, that is a matter of time.

Honestly, I am not afraid of nuclear conflagration becoming a reality. What does concern me, is that today, KJu threatened the world with an Electro-Magnetic-Pulse (EMP). I will not go in to the specifics about what an EMP may or may not be capable of, I am not an expert. Look it up if you want to know more. I do know more about EMPs than possibly 90-95 percent of the global population. Maybe not. I have known about what was originally considered a side effect of nuclear warfare for a very, very long time. Long before governments took it seriously. If they do now. Let me put it this way, I have known about them for well over half my life, probably closer to more than two-thirds of my life.

What I do know, is that regardless of what various people in the scientific community, different governments, military personnel, and just plain whacked out dictators and lunatics say about it, no one actually knows what will happen. Most have a pretty good idea. I have come across legitimate information, that counters certain claims of electronic failure and other popular beliefs, that you would be hard pressed to find now.

What is certain? Fear, chaos to varying degrees, and panic will definitely be a result. Many people will be hurt and killed. People will suffer. Regardless of where an EMP may occur.

I am not a "peacenik", warmonger, doomsayer, prepper (etymology 2 in the link), survivalist, or any such thing. Yes, I am a "be prepared" / "always ready" kind of guy, but I do not have a bunker or thirty years worth of food.

I am really an ordinary person who is trying to understand the madness of this all. Saying that, this is my post: I have been reflecting all day about this from when I woke up and had newsflashes from the BBC and the Guardian on my tablet. I am not panicking, worrying, freaking out. I am deeply concerned that these types of threats have been made. I am concerned that the pursuit of such technology, still in this day, goes on. I am concerned that there is no easy way to put an end to the happenings in the DPRK. I have a pretty good idea what I would do, but I am just an ordinary citizen of this planet; without influence or power.

That leads me to another concern. Those that may have the influence and power are not doing a whole hell of a lot to allay anybodies fears, etc. Nor do they actually seem to be doing anything to put an end to this ridiculous situation. Obviously, much more may be going on without the general public's knowledge. However, I have an uneasy feeling that it is not. That does not mean that we are moments from armageddon.

No, it does not. What I actually think may be possible, in increasing order of likelihood, and my opinion on that may change as I source out more information, but here it is: 4) EMP over somewhere in or near North America, probably way off target. Probably not going to happen; 3) EMP over Guam or possibly Hawaii. Very unlikely; 2) EMP over Japan. Remotely possible; 1) EMP over the Korean peninsula itself. 

This last one, yeah, I do think is most likely. KJu does not really care if he knocks out his own country's electrical grid. If we believe everything we think we know, what will that change? The general population is pretty screwed anyway and the elite of the North probably have what they believe are hardened enough facilities and bunkers and supplies and whatnot to maintain their privileged lifestyle, especially KJu. The big prize is that he screws the South over. Come what may after? What does he care. He will still probably be negotiated with and probably be given an entire revamp of their infrastructure as an appeasement.

Will any of this actually happen? I do not know; very likely not. Everyone must take their own counsel and do/prepare as they see fit and are capable of doing. Personally, no matter what I think, I am quite certain no one person can influence what the major players may or may not do. We must hope they are all smarter than how they have come across so far.

If you are on your way home one day and your car suddenly stops and your mobile phone or GPS is not working either (that is: dead, done, finished) and the power seems to be out everywhere, make sure you have some pliers or a wrench. Quite possibly, if you disconnect your vehicle's battery and reconnect it, you just may be able to hobble on home and hope that is the worst of it. If not, hopefully you have a good pair of walking shoes and comfortable clothing in your car and walk on home and hope that is the worst of it. That is just common sense. And remember an average bathtub holds around 380 litres (100 US gallons, 85 imperial gallons). blbbl

No comments:

Post a Comment