pages

search the rooster

Tuesday, November 21, 2017

my kingdom for a forest

Well, my moderately impoverished life of servitude for even a cluster of juniper bushes.

Yesterday, I mentioned that if you are going to have any kind of meeting, then have it in the woods, or by the water, or somewhere in nature.

Well, I now want to restate it for my case. I just want to be in nature!

Today, everything, and I mean everything, I was doing, was not going well.

Everything was jamming up, falling down, getting stuck and not moving. All for no apparent reason.

On top of that, I was drag-assing all day. I had no energy. Not at all. Every time something hung up, I just wanted to lie down. Preferably, in a copse of confers. Like a deer in a storm.

The jinxy day ended with me inserting cold, sticky rice in to the cutlery drawer. Please, just do not ask.....

Anyway, it kept bringing me back to my love of the outdoors and nature. Now, I am not particularly an overtly, or is it overly (both probably), devout man.

 I was raised Polish Roman Catholic. Not to be confused with Polish Catholic. Although, there was one of those churches in Hamilton, I believe, where I grew up. I was also an alter-boy for over a decade. However, when people ask me what religion do I practice, I usually answer that I no longer need to practice because I got it down pat. I am, of course, joking.

If I were pressed to state my faith, I usually give the above preamble, but state that I am now a broken-down Polish Roman Catholic Buddhist with tendencies towards agnosticism and faith in the universe and a supporter of the concept of karma. How do like them apples?! However, when out in nature, particularly the woods, I say that is my church.

Wow, what a strange path to get to my point. Which, I guess, I have not fully made. Basically, I feel wonderful and at peace when I am out amongst the trees, and shrubs, and rivers, and ponds, and just about anything in the great outdoors. Little bothers me, except maybe dinks who have no respect for nature. So, my church.

So, with the drag-down day I was having, I just wanted to escape to the woods and catch a piece of serenity.

I need to find someplace that will pay me to wander the woods. Really, I do.

Wow, this post is weird. Well, at least I will be at church all weekend when I am at camp with my Scout Troop! blbbl

No comments:

Post a Comment