pages

search the rooster

Sunday, November 12, 2017

rock-a-bye

Taking the boy for a sleep study tonight. He gets a bed and is hooked up to a bunch wires and everything is monitored and recorded.

I had one done some time ago. They told me I had sleep apnoea. What a surprise!? Not really. I already knew. They wanted me to get a c-pap.

Yeah. Bite me. I am not ready to impersonate Darth Vader at bedtime. I taught myself to sleep on my side, which in my case, all but completely eliminated the apnoea.

The wife got one too, but the nurse at the hospital where she went had no idea what she was doing and basically screwed the test to be valueless.

In the case of the boy, he goes through cycles where he has much trouble sleeping. He had been tested once before at a childrens' hospital, but like as the wife's case, the results were inconclusive.

We pretty much are certain what it is that gives him poor sleep at times. So-called restless legs. It runs in the wife's family and sometimes when I look in on the boy in the night he looks like a parkour ninja.

Not sure much can really be done about it, but a diagnosis one way or the other would allow us to take steps or whatnot to work through it.

So, in a couple of hours we head to the clinic. Like I said, the boy gets a bed. As he is a minor, someone needs to stay the night. I volunteered. I get a chair. Apparently, they are going to try to save me a la-z-boy recliner.

So, I have my phone and tablet charging so I can read some online news articles. I have my copy of Walden/Civil Disobedience to read as well. I have packed a few other odds-and-sods. I bet the boy sleeps like a rock. Me, I think I am in for a long night. blbbl

No comments:

Post a Comment