pages

search the rooster

Friday, November 03, 2017

raiders of the found candy

For the last three days I have been largely living off of halloween candy. Yup, empty sugary calories. No, it is not from the boy's haul or what is leftover from our giving pile. Incidentally, six kids came to our door. That is correct, a measly six kids. So, a lot is left over. But, other than some Pringles, I have not touched any of it.

However, my source is other people's stashes. No, not kids. What other adults (am I an adult?, some think not) have put away post-pumpkin. I have a nose for finding the forbidden stash.

Honestly, do you think putting it in a cupboard or pantry is going to keep anyone from finding it? No, the hall closet does not work either; it is often the most obvious choice. (Depending on the type of house of course.)

I started the week quite tired, not exhausted, but no more than two or three rungs down. Then, Wednesday, All Saints' Day, it happened. Easy refuelling. 

Fortunately, it is high octane. Sadly, it is fast burning. Multiple pit-stops are required. At one point today, I must have been in the sack of goodies for five minutes when I realised I was not making enough noise to be assumed (presumed?) to be busy. I set something to run automatically for my cover and went on for a couple of more visits to sugar mountain.

I got so good at acquiring sweets that I had my pockets full when I got home today. I got a bunch of Haribo Gummy Bears, Swedish Fish, Caramilk, and the best (at least for me) Wunderbar. (I always loved the viking commercials for this chocolate. Is that Lee Van Cleef with the moustache?) Oh, and a Jersey Milk, still good, but no Bar Six!

Anyway, so many sweets. I thought I would eventually crash like on the Mod Squad. Good news though. The wife brought sushi home for dinner. It was fantastic. She got it from a place called Hockey Sushi. A while back, we thought they went out of business. They actually had a fire which shut the joint down, but to their credit, they rebuilt in the same spot. We called them for months as the number was still working; we liked it that much. Tonight, she actually got them to make something off an old menu, which is no longer offered, for the boy. That item was superb. The wasabi was super potent too. My sinuses are clear and free like nobody's business.

Maybe the candy spell is broken? I doubt I will find any bits next week. These other adults have a whole weekend to dispose of the booster packs. I guess it is back to dried apricots and figs. Better for my svelte figure anyway! blbbl

No comments:

Post a Comment