pages

search the rooster

Thursday, November 16, 2017

oh, the turmoil

So, my email feed did not go out today. 

As a result, I am learning a whole lot of nothing about Blogger and Feedburner.

There was one ray of hope. From another blogger in fact. I have asked her permission to repost her solution as it it was the most clear instruction on how to fix my woes. Plus, it was well written, witty, and my experience mirrors hers very closely.

My woes, by the way, are not yet fixed. I am waiting on Feedburner to do something. Any minute now I should know if it did actually work or I am screwed. I have some other options, like rebuilding the feed and hoping I can get the word out to those that subscribe by email to redo their feed.

I may also need to wait until tomorrow or the next day to see if the problem has been corrected!?


Hooray! Hooray! It seems to be fixed. Feedburner just pushed yesterday's post!

Now, I need to change some settings back and then see if today's post comes through tomorrow morning.

Now, if only my Gmail would sync between my mobile phone, tablet, and pc!?!?!?!

I know, I know. Who really wants to hear about all this garbage?

Well, as we get more and more wired every year, every month, every day, every hour, every minute!!! Every second? These issues become more of a part of many (most? all?) people's lives.

Hopefully, as I found a faster way to fix my problem from someone else, maybe, bitching about my woes will help the next person(s) fix problems faster. Sadly, the increased dependence on technology is not going away. If anything, it will become more and more a part of who we are and how we function.

I do see myself someday living in a little shack without tech, at least not too much, maybe a few solar panels and a hookup to keep posting. The wife even conceded the other day that it was not an impossible reality, but for the boy.

We are not savages you know. We respect most of modern medicine (including dentistry, other than my personal woes with my teeth), science, and technology that improves life, but there is much that is superfluous for goodness sake!

I know that I probably could never completely eschew technology, but I do want to be that old guy with the big old style ballcap with the mesh back in full dungarees that young so-called hip people drive by and wonder how someone who looks three days older than God could still trundle down the road with that cart (filled with walnuts and rocks of course to throw at salespeople and slackers) and not fall down from the breeze caused by their hovercar. blbbl

No comments:

Post a Comment