pages

search the rooster

Wednesday, November 01, 2017

on the bus - off the bus

On the bus - off the bus is a term I learnt in the Canadian Army.

When I came across it, it basically meant no matter what you have been told, ultimately expect to be told something else completely.

A more extreme version is when no one knows what is going on, no one is going to find out what is going on, no one is going to admit they do not know what is going on, they are just going to make you do ridiculous stuff until someone tells them what to do with you.

Once, while in the Army, my platoon was actually ordered on to a bus, only to be ordered off the bus a few minutes later. I laughed my ass off. No one else did, but we were all pretty exhausted and I was going through severe insomnia at the time. So, maybe not so very funny. No. It was really so very funny.

I bring this up, because many pursuits in my life over the the past year, nearly to the date, have been an on the bus - off the bus affair. Today was yet another culmination in the exercise. One of many.

I am very tired, like my bus mates - oh, those many years ago. Personally, I have no time for getting on and off buses any more. In fact, I do not like buses very much.

So, as of today, this is the last time I am getting on a bus, just to be told to get off. No thanks, I will just wait for the next one. Everybody else can futz around and pull their hats. Once I know where the bus is going and that is where I intend to go, then I will get on. If the driver tells me to get off.? Well, it is kind of hard to drive with a size eleven boot up your arse. blbbl

No comments:

Post a Comment