pages

search the rooster

Monday, November 13, 2017

non-stop

Since I was awoken at the sleep clinic this morning at 5:45 AM I have not stopped moving. I have been like a perpetual motion machine.

I was there for the boy this morning while he got disconnected from all the wires, leads, and contacts.

The wife picked us up. Had to take the boy home to get the rest of the goo out of his hair from the contacts.

A sort of break was that we went out to breakfast in a great restaurant, Royals, in Richmond. More on them in another post.

Then, we get home. Emails. Lots of emails.

Then, even though I stopped for a coffee, more emails.

Then, helped the boy pack his ruck for a demo to the other Scouts of what ones gear should be like, and its weight, for a two day camping trip. The good thing, now we do not have to do it next week.

Tons of little things around the house. More email, more this, more that.

Help the boy organise his input for the actual camp next week.

Organise supper. More emails, more this, more that.

Actually sat down for supper. Now, the wife is tidying, I am writing.

How do we get so bloody busy. Every email I have read, responded too, or chain I initiated, were all relevant work. None of it was trifles or superfluous.

Oh yeah, I have also been reconfiguring my phone in an attempt to increase its efficiency and improve battery life. I have learnt how intrusive some apps actually are. They basically blackmail you to allow unnecessary access in return for the "privilege" to use their apps. I have so far managed to lock most everything down except some supporting apps for Google Play. Not impressed by that to be honest.

Anyway, it has now just passed thirteen hours of constant motion, activity, and/or virtual action. I have had busier and longer days, but this one just sticks out. Maybe from having slept in a foreign bed, away from my home and my complete family? I do not know, but I do know that this day has worn on me. I will also have a fully stacked week. Right through the weekend probably and next week will be no less action packed.

Maybe I am getting old. I do not know. I do know that I am dropping this post on the interweb in a few moments and then I am going to watch The Blacklist on Netflix. Looks interesting, even though some of the players appear to be not smart enough to have the "jobs" they do on this show. 

At least it should let my mind rest a bit and allow it to review all that has occurred in this past half-a-day and prepare for the onslaught of the next week or two and beyond.

Wow, I just realised I am looking forward to spending Christmas with the wife's family. Not that I do not enjoy their company. I just mean that I will be able to mainly relax and just be. Plus, I also get to spend time with my best and oldest friend.

Oh, I hope Santa is good to me. blbbl

No comments:

Post a Comment