pages

search the rooster

Saturday, December 09, 2017

a bad day? no!! a bad week for keys!

Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, haaaaa.....

Before I get in to why I am laughing, I will set the scene.

The wife drove off to Kemptville to get her hair done and run some errands that were Christmas related.

I drove off to Stittsville to get a therapeutic massage, then run some non-Christmas related errands.

My massage was fantastic.

Before I left, I checked my phone, as I leave it in my truck so I do not get distracted or have to mute it or turn it off.

There were a bunch of text messages from the wife and I answered them. No worries.

A few minutes later the phone rings, with the wife's unique ringtone.

I pull over. Yes, I pulled over. I answer. Where are you? I just left the massage. I locked my keys in the car. Okay. Do you have the other set. Yes. How long to get here. Thirty minutes. Okay, meet you in the shop.

Off I go. Stuck behind Sunday drivers a day early. I still actually get there in 28 minutes.

I do not see the wife, she is obviously in the store. Wise move, it is cold and damp.

I get my keys and as I open her car door I hear: beep, beep, beep....

At least I do not have to search the car.

I grab her key and lock the door and go in to the shop. I did not recognise her through the two sets of glass doors. Remember, her hair was just done. Somewhat different from the last time. I like it!

She tells me that she was all done and checked her receipts. A wise move for everyone. She was overcharged for one item. So, she went back inside to get her difference. However, as she had several newly purchased items she locked the doors. A few minutes later, she realised that the keys were in the ignition. At least she did not start the engine like my mum used to do.

I give her her keys and I go off to buy a sleeping bag on sale and with bonus points. Score!

This morning was so very funny to me. Especially after yesterday.

Going to wrap it up here, it is Saturday. I just think this is too much wily karma. Not bad karma, but I think a prepaid for perhaps a discouraging word, yet to come? Anyway, all great humour. To me.

However, the boy and I, and the Scout Troop, are going on a hike tomorrow about an hour or so away. I think I will pack the extra truck keys in his pack. You know, just in case. I have been known to utter more than the odd discouraging word!?! blbbl

No comments:

Post a Comment