pages

search the rooster

Monday, December 11, 2017

meatballs - again?!

What a full and crazy day.

All three of us, the wife, the boy, and I, were out all day for appointments. We did have a nice lunch though.

We got back at about a quarter of four (or is it a quarter to four?), and I had to go to do some bank paperwork in Kemptville for half past four.

However, I also had to get ready for a potluck that evening.

Meatballs to the rescue.

I threw in three pounds of meatballs in to the slow cooker with a honey-garlic sauce, coarsely chopped two onions, and julienned twelve cloves of garlic.

Voilà!

Just like two Saturdays ago. Except that was a garlic sauce. The basic recipe is in the link just past.

It was all in the cooker and on high in less than half an hour.

Off to the bank and back in about three quarters of an hour. It was only really a quick signing of a couple of papers.

So, now I had less than two hours to finish the meatballs and have them ready to go.

No worries. Just before I packed it up to go, I thickened it with some flour. Superb.

It was a small gathering at the potluck, but just over two-thirds went.

Just so you know, nothing was left from the previous batch. No balls, no onions, no garlic, no sauce, but it was a much larger crowd.

Now, supper is set for tomorrow!

Meatball subs.

Friday, I have another potluck with some Karate people I previously mentioned. But before that, the boy has a training session at Ray's Reptiles, so meatballs again. I do not need to keep a close eye on them while they cook.

This next one though, will be done sweet and sour style. I am going to add pineapple as well (and maybe papaya). Should be pretty damn tasty! I also know none will be left. There never is with this crowd! blbbl

No comments:

Post a Comment