pages

search the rooster

Friday, December 22, 2017

badgers, pine, and sea kelp (christmas - day two in the hammer)

So, being Friday before Christmas, not so out of control.

A big chunk of wettish snow dropped on the Hammer overnight and this morning. I had to do a bit of a Colt Seavers / Fall Guy move out of my friend's driveway and may have scared the neighbour a bit when I came across the road, popped the curb, completed my turn, and headed off for the morning.

First, was groceries for Christmas Day with the in-laws. It ended up being just the wife and I. We got a whole feast's worth, plus a second supper. I am Polish, you know.

That took an inordinately long time, but more to being on unfamiliar turf. I do not do much grocery shopping in the Hammer anymore. It was fun though.

That done, we went to a "dollar-store" to get some Dettol soap. I love that stuff. It makes your soul feel all shiny.

you could probably waterproof your boots with this stuff

the ingredients
all the stuff a growing boy (or girl) needs!

A few more stops and then I grabbed the boy and headed off back to my friend's. Some snacks and chitchat. Then, I abruptly decided to begin my quest for Badger Balm. This stuff works great on my hands when they dry out. Usually, I wait too long when they begin to dry out and this stuff normally fixes my hands in a few days. Sadly, the tin I have is all but empty.

as far as my hands are concerned: the good stuff

I checked the maker's website and there were two shops close by that are listed as resellers. Sadly, the first shop only had a scented version. I may yet go back for it, but it has rosemary in it and the wife hates rosemary. Well, I do not want my hands to bleed. 

Before I went off to the other shop, I looked around some other stores as I had not yet gotten anything for the wife for a gift. Some angsting over that, but I found something. No, I will not tell you. She reads the blog sometimes. I just hope she likes it.

Then, last jaunt, I went to the other shop that was supposed to carry the Badger's wares. They no longer carry their products. I did find something else to try. Nova Scotia Fisherman Rescue Balm with sea kelp! Hey, if fisherman use it and it has kelp, it must be good.

ah, seaweed goodness

That all done, back for supper and a movie: Wonder Woman. She is one of my all-time favourite superheroes. Plus, she is an immortal.I did doze off though near the end. It was during the big philosophical debate between Diana and Ares. Not sure I missed much there.

Well, it is a fairly laid-back Christmas so far. Meeting some cousins tomorrow over Vietnamese noodles and who knows what else. Anyway, the sleep will not get out of my eyes. Time to fight off the sugarplums again. blbbl

No comments:

Post a Comment