pages

search the rooster

Saturday, December 23, 2017

noodles, belts, and kicking back (christmas - day three in the hammer)

Well, not much happening today.

The Badger still eludes me. But our lunch with my cousins was pleasant. The Vietnamese noodles were quite nice. The broth, in particular, was very good. Often, I find the broth can be left wanting, but not today.

The boy did forget to pack a belt for this journey, so we made a stop at Winners of all places. We found a belt that actually fit and when the clerk cashed us out and asked if we wanted a bag: Well, no, he will be wearing it right now. She chuckled and kindly removed all the clasps and tags attached to the strip of waist leather.

When the wife was bringing me back to my friend's place, as she and the boy were heading off to Caledonia to her friend's, she declared she needed to get some gift cards.

Oh boy, the traffic in and out of the parking lot at our final detour was foolish. People just seemed to forget how to conduct their vehicles in any direction. However, there were some kind souls out there that let vehicles in to the flow of traffic, which greatly improved matters for us and others.

Amazing, that amidst the pre-holiday mayhem, people still freely can be kind and courteous. It makes me smile. Then I cuss when the next guy is an assclown, but them's the breaks I guess.

When I finally beached it at my buddy's, we kicked back and watched a couple/few episodes of The Crown. Snacks and a movie followed: The Magnificent Seven (2016). A good western, but, for me, not as good as the original western remake of Seven Samurai. I fell asleep during the extras, so that was the end of the evening. A pleasant and laid-back night.

With gift getting out of the way, as far as I know, all that is left is wrapping, which I quite enjoy doing, cooking two Christmas dinners, and keeping happy and jovial. Well, at least the cooking is something I am good at and find comes easily to me. blbbl

No comments:

Post a Comment