pages

search the rooster

Wednesday, December 27, 2017

the badger has been nabbed (the seventh day of christmas in the hammer)

So, success; but first.....

The day started late, but we got off with a bang in the end.

First stop was an antique store the mother-in-law frequents. The boy picked up some ornamental ducks, huzzah. The mother-in-law snagged some rooster silhouettes, of all things, capital. Nothing caught the wife's eye.

Me, there was a painting of some elks and a portrait of Churchill, but too rich for my blood. Too bad. There was a really nice cane as well. I really liked it and it was the perfect length for me, but for some reason or other, I passed on it.

Then. Then! We hit our first attempt to bag the Badger. No dice. A few more stops to various minutiae. Then. Then! We headed in to Dundas and rolled down the main drag. We missed our quarry and had to loop around. The shop was in a pretty ornate building. I have now learnt through some documents online, that it was the former Post Office of Dundas.

At this point, I had little hope for success. Ah, but, fortunately, I was incorrect. They had most of the Badgers I sought. They did not have the aftershave tonic I wanted to try, but there is a shop in two of the towns on either side of hacienda rooster and I can check there.

I got three items: the unscented for sensitive dry hands balm (the one I really wanted), ginger and lemon lip balm (I figured, if my hands are happy from the Badger, then my lips may just well be too), and the foot balm (I got that more for the picture on the tin, a silly indulgence).

my quarry captured

who could say no to a badger with a walking stick? not me!!

The day closed with a visit to yet another sister-in-law, around the corner from the mother-in-law.

Anyway, tomorrow is the drive home. Have to finish packing and get some shut-eye. See y'all on the flipside!! blbbl

No comments:

Post a Comment