pages

search the rooster

Tuesday, July 04, 2017

all systems go

My truck is fixed!

The shop called me at 2:30 this afternoon and said it was fixed. They also said that they drove the snot out of it see if they could replicate the problem of the engine shutting down.

I drove the snot out of it too. I could not get it the truck to break either. And I really, really tried. I mean really. There was another truck behind me in the distance and he probably thought I was have a heart attack. I would rapidly accelerate and then "panic" stop. Over and over. I could not get the truck to foul up. So, that is good.

The actual snot I have been producing has slowed to an occasional trickle as well. Still coughing a bit, but my Symbicort inhaler is putting paid to that.

The truck is packed over the gunwales and is all but ready to go. Just need to pack some food goods and ice in the cooler in the morning and it should be done. My totem, a Gund stuffed moose I have named Westinghouse, is ready to go too. He is keeping watch in my daypack by the door. The boy's totem, a turtle named Cookie due its shell pattern, is watching over the truck.

Now it is off to bed and up super early in the morning and off the boy and I will be on our first leg to De la Rėpublique Provincial Park in Edmundston, New Brunswick

We will let you know tomorrow how the first leg of the journey went. See ya! blbbl

No comments:

Post a Comment