pages

search the rooster

Wednesday, July 05, 2017

first leg to the jamboree complete

So, we just arrived at the campground in New Brunswick. Seven-and-a-half hours. The cabin we have is really nice. Simple, but spacious. Brand new too.

Got a hefty speeding ticket just short of the Quebec-New Brunswick border. I was trying to get around some cars going twenty under the limit going up a steep hill. Just before we crested the hill, a Quebec cop nailed me. My fault. Not much I can do about it.

But driving in Quebec was hellacious. Everybody was driving slow and not moving over when they could. One guy actually freaked out at us and was waving his hands and making rude gestures while we passed him on the right. So, I guess I was trying to make up for that too.

Anyway, I got pretty mellow after that. Expensive lesson to learn. Oh well. What is done is done now.

Now to make supper, have a campfire, then get a good night's sleep. Early start tomorrow with a side trip to Pictou, N.S. to Grohmann Knives to get some blades for a friend and maybe some D.H. Russell field knives for us too.

Check in tomorrow when we get to our yurt in Dartmouth N.S., which will be home for the following two days. See ya! blbbl

No comments:

Post a Comment