pages

search the rooster

Tuesday, July 11, 2017

cj - day three

Big day.

The morning was spent lumberjacking. The Scouts used bow saws to cut logs for splitting. Then, of course, the logs were split. After that, they gave log rolling a go in the river. Standing on a log and trying to spin it without falling off is tough work. For the finale, the Scouts tried their hands at axe throwing. They did pretty good at that.

Needless to say, they looked forward to lunch and were ravenous.  It was just like eating in a lumberjack camp. Not a scrap of food was left over from lunch.

After lunch it was bicycling. First, they road on a track with various ramps and such. Then they went for a tour on an off-road course.

While they were doing that, I wandered around and picked up some crests at the Trading Post, stopped in at the World Jamboree 2019 booth and the best for me: went to the Tandy Leathers setup.

I have a leather wrist strap I found in my basement during a mini-cleanup a while ago and have taken to wearing. However, sadly, it was unadorned. Well. Tandy had their leather crafting gear out for one and all to use. I was delighted. I thought they might be here. I stamped various designs in the band. A pretty good job I must say. I am going to try to go back tomorrow to add a few more stamps.

Again, supper was a feeding frenzy. Then, the usual rounds of badge trading. Afterwards, someone came over with a fiddle and there was a regular, old-fashioned barn dance. However, the highlight for me was the showers. They stepped up the water delivery, as the camp showers have been running out and I had not been able to de-crust nor de-stink since arriving at camp.

I was as happy as a pig in Switzerland. I was also very greedy. I showered for half an hour. It was glorious. I felt real again. I felt loved. I just hope the love keeps coming and the water keeps flowing. It is a sad occasion when one smells something that offends and one realises it is themselves. blbbl

No comments:

Post a Comment