pages

search the rooster

Thursday, July 20, 2017

weed farmer - at your service

Well, a gardener I am not. If farming weeds were lucrative though, I would be as rich as Nazis.

My vegetable plot is a shambles. I have not planted anywhere as near as much as I wanted.

What I have planted: terrible, low success rate.

All my root vegetables appear to have drowned and died out from the ridiculous amount of rain we have had.

The garlic I planted last year, over 300 cloves: twelve, little bulbs. Most of it was choked out by weeds while away at the Scout Jamboree.

Tomatoes: at least thirty plants, three have survived.

Cucumbers: the same number planted, but only two still kicking.

Chard, broccoli, cauliflower, and all the other brassicas: nothing. A lot of burdock though. I have no current interest in burdock.

Most of the plot is overwhelmed by weeds, most of no edible value.

Potatoes. Yeah, right. I still have not planted them. Maybe tomorrow. Ha, ha, ha.

Radishes? Well, those are the size of baseballs. I love radishes, but this is silly. I will need to look up some recipes. Maybe grilled, or soup? I wonder if they freeze well.

All the other seeds I have, I will seal and store in the fridge until next year. However, I think I will mostly get seedlings next go-round.

My edible garden, the one I want to plant with perennial edible plants? Maybe next year.

Being gone for two weeks and busy with so many other activities, I just am not able to put the time in this year. I think I need to plan the layout and then take it section by section.

Anyway, back to pulling out weeds and searching for all that garlic in the mini-jungle. Ta for now. blbbl

No comments:

Post a Comment