pages

search the rooster

Saturday, July 08, 2017

final leg to jamboree

Very excited today. Our final leg out on our journey. We head off to the Scouts Canada National Jamboree at Camp Nedooae, Nova Scotia.

It is raining right now and the forecast is all day through to 6:00 pm. Our sub-camp apparently has almost no grass, so it will be muddy. Despite that, I know it will be great. I may not feel that way later when my gear and I are soaked and everything is covered in mud. But hey, we are Scouts. Be prepared! Plus the motto of the first Regiment I served in is: Semper Paratus - Always Ready. To me that means, despite everything, you make the best of it and press on. Regardless of conditions and what you have at your disposal.

So, onward and upward we will go. And have a great time we will, no matter what the gods throw at us.

Unfortunately, my connectivity to the interweb and the outside world will most likely be spotty at best at our location. So, I will report on our progress as best I can and when I can. My posts may be delayed and all over the place. So, please keep checking in. I am sure I will have some interesting and entertaining stories to pass on about our latest adventure.

Wish us good fortune and better weather. See you soon hopefully. blbbl

No comments:

Post a Comment