pages

search the rooster

Thursday, July 13, 2017

cj - day five

Somewhat fresher this day. Not falling asleep at least.

The Youth did cooking sessions in the morning. I got a chance to be on a judging panel for one round. Some very tasty omelettes and biscuits.

They also made some gooey trail mix with chocolate. But the pinnacle of the cooking sessions was the fishcakes. Made with salt cod. They were fantastic. I need to get the recipe to try it at home.

The afternoon had them working with drones. Apparently, most of the crew were not very adept at it except the boy and a Guide from Nova Scotia in our Patrol. They ended up tooling around with it mostly, to their delight.

Me, I went to the main area to trade for some Jamboree badges from the various support services and to find out about transportation out of the camp for when we leave on Saturday at the end of the Camp. Got all but one badge, but also learnt that getting early transport back to the truck is unlikely. So, Saturday will probably be a very long day.

I also did some tooling on my leather wristband and the guy running the Tandy booth also added a snap for me too. And it was gratis. Cool. Thanks Tandy Leather.

The evening resulted in a lot of badge trading and a t-shirt swap. I found a group to trade my other​ t-shirts with. Hopefully, I can track them down today.

I capped the evening with a shower. My second since arriving on Saturday. I was one of the last for the evening as they ran out of H2O again. I am sure they will get it right by next week. blbbl

No comments:

Post a Comment