pages

search the rooster

Monday, July 03, 2017

the universe keeps kicking me in the crotch

Yup. My truck is still not fixed. After replacing my shocks, getting my brakes done, and a bunch of other work. The engine shuts down when I gun the engine. It went back to the shop. 

They said it was the throttle body. Nope. Replacing it did not fix it.

They said it was the ECM (electronic control module). Nope. Replacing that did not fix it.

Now, GM is telling the shop some rewiring has to be done and some connectors need replacing. That this is a common problem in my truck. Really? Why did they not say that a week a ago when GM support was contacted as my GM mechanic was stumped because he really never came across this before. Common problem? Maybe. A load of crap? Probably.

So, I will not get my truck back until sometime tomorrow, probably late in the day. The boy and I leave the next day for our roadtrip to the Jamboree. Not all too impressed. I have gear piling up in the middle of my house and no vehicle to stow it in. I will now most likely be up later than I want the night before heading out on the road trying to pack my gear so I can get at what I need on the various legs of the journey. Not impressed at all.

I already told the shop that if the truck is not in safe running condition tomorrow, that GM is providing me with a comparable vehicle for the trip. Basically, they are expected to give me a truck or SUV for two weeks. They did not look impressed. I really did not care. The boy and I have a lot of time, effort, and money tied in to this trip. GM's inability to fix my truck will not prevent us from going. Nor will it introduce a significant expense of a vehicle rental because they cannot fix a "common" problem.

Oh yeah. The boy got some weird plague. He is still getting over it after more than two weeks. Then the wife got it. She is still getting over it after longer than a week. Guess what? I got it yesterday. Oh, joy! I am currently a snot factory running all three shifts, plus overtime for anyone who wants it. Super not impressed. 

Well, at least when the universe drops a cheap shot on me, it goes all out. I guess that is something?! blbbl

No comments:

Post a Comment