pages

search the rooster

Tuesday, April 25, 2017

another sign of spring - dumptrucks

I am still somewhat preoccupied with my own problems, but I will give it a shot with a new realisation today.

Dumptruck to the right of us,
Dumptruck to the left of us,
Dumptruck to the front of us.

I forgot they got out of hibernation when things warm up. These guys were everywhere today, dumping dirt for landscaping projects. 

Driving in to the road, no flagmen, gates not latched.

One guy thought he was in the Daytona 500. The boy and I were glad when he turned and we went straight.

Another non-nature sure sign of spring? Landscapers with either dump trailers that are overkill or fly-by-night guys with dinky, rickety trailers. Always parked on the side of the road, badly. I have no problem with people making a buck any way they can, but man open your eyes. Your trailer is in the road making it hard for traffic to move. And you dumptruck guys. Jeez, that is a big piece of kit, careful with it.

The neighbours are active too. One has a really cool rig. An old golf bag on wheels with all their yard implements. I was envious. Another, pays the neighbour's the boy to take care of his yard. He does a good job too. I hired him once or twice last year when we were travelling.

I am usually the last on my little street to get started. So, I guess I have now gotten fair notice. No worries. I need to expand the vegetable garden and work on the edible landscaping too. It is just that it is still pretty wet out back and pretty darned chilly at night. Oh well, it is May next Monday. I better hop to it.

I need to check Home Depot out. I heard tell they sell a pear tree that has several varieties of pear grafted to it. So you get several kinds. I like that! I want to get another fruit tree too, just have not decided what, not apple I think. Plus I want to make sure they do not get too big. I may go with a hazelnut or filbert too as there are two domestic varieties that are more like shrubs.

I should be able to get on it next week. I go under the knife on Friday, my surgery got pushed up. Thank all that is holy and good in this world. I almost did it myself the other day. I am in excruciating pain. Time to self medicate. 

Bye-bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment