pages

search the rooster

Wednesday, April 26, 2017

kemptville is a clean town

Super busy today doing all kinds of paperwork and "fixing". Most of my day was eaten up by volunteer administration.

The volunteering did not end with the day. Just got back from Kemptville. The boy and I were Scouting with them tonight. They have a pretty slick Scout Troop.

Tonight was their night to assist with community cleanup. Well, Earth Day was just this past Saturday, and it is pitch-in week this week too. We helped clean up a stretch of highway 43 where it meets highway 44, through to the Kemptville Creek.

Let me tell you, not much in the ditches, the worst was around culverts, but those are usually choke points anyway. Compared to Ottawa, Kemptville is spotless. I was quite impressed. Ottawa is pretty dirty without comparison, but compared to Kemptville, Ottawa blows.

It is a nice town. They have a ribfest in June. I have always missed going. Maybe this year. They too have a music festival. They used to do a medieval festival, but that appears to have fallen by the wayside. There is supposed to be a Dandelion Festival in May, but the website is kind of weird.

Anyway, nice tidy town. Friendly people. Stuff to do. Great Scouting program. Hope I can make ribfest this year. It would be easier than going in to downtown Ottawa. I can smell the smoke already.

No comments:

Post a Comment