pages

search the rooster

Saturday, April 08, 2017

lazy day saturday - not!

I thought I was going to have an easy going day today. I had a therapeutic massage booked for this morning and then I was going to coast.

Wait. I want to get my hike in first. So, I got up at 6:00 AM. Headed out to the trail. Which by the way, was very flooded for the last couple of days. The city even put pylons out to discourage people from pulling in to the parking lot. Not going to stop me and Denis. Water up to nearly the tops of my tires. They even closed the main road between my town and the next the other day, due to flooding.

Anyway, a lot of water did drain out, so today was better. I went alone and powered it. Did a little bit of trail maintenance, but I need to move a downed tree at some point that crosses the trail. About forty-five minutes and four kliks later, I am heading home.

Off to my massage. It was glorious. My therapist also gave a bunch of empties as a personal donation to the boy for his Canada Jamboree fundraising. I packed them up. Get home, the boy and I sort them and take them in. Now to take it easy.

Wait. The wife started the spring cleaning. A week early I might add, but I will not. During that, several televisions were moved about. We have our main Titanic anchor. Another one a friend gave us years ago that just sits in our bedroom. Then, yet a third, that the mother-in-law gave us on her birthday weekend. This one must be made out of plutonium. It is the smallest of the three, but the heaviest and most awkward to carry.

The bedroom one went to the living room. The living room one went to the basement for the boy and his crew. The m-i-l one went to the bedroom. Okay, now to take it easy.

Wait. Supper to prep. Steak. Forgot to take it out of the freezer. Out it comes, cheap cuts, so marinating is necessary and it will help them thaw. Broccoli to be grilled on the barbie; chop it up, a little bit of olive oil, and seasoning. Some of the last potatoes from our harvest last autumn. Finally, no prep here, bread from The Crusty Baker in Kemptville that the wife picked up. Time to relax before supper.

Wait. Need to check on the bird feeders. Most are still okay. One suet feeder is almost empty and the nyjer feeder is pretty low. They can wait until tomorrow, let them go down some more. Now I can chill a bit.

Wait. I forgot the mushrooms. Chop them up, a little bit of olive oil, seasoning. Good to go. Time to relax?

Wait? No, all good. Wait? No, no, all good. Wait? No, no, no, all good? Yeah. All good. 

No. Wait. Time to start the barbecue. No worries. Steak supper, with mushrooms, broccoli, potatoes, baguette. Mmm, mmm, mmmmm.

You know what. I have been relaxed all day. Except for some excruciating pain this morning, I have hardly noticed my tooth and I am in a good place.

Dinner served.

Well, you know, "idle hands" and all that.

No comments:

Post a Comment