pages

search the rooster

Saturday, April 22, 2017

i am still discombobulated

I am still on tenterhooks, waiting to find out my status with one of the organisations I am member of, or may no longer be.

From that, I am not in the best mindset to to post much. 

Hopefully, it will go better tomorrow.

I can tell you though, that definitely there are at least two cardinals hanging out by the sunflower feeder. So, I did see one the other day.

The boy and I spent  nearly three hours on the Cedar Grove Trail today performing maintenance and fixing up signage. We cleaned up two bypasses on the trail that get around areas that flood at this time of year and added signage there as well so people can keep the muck out of their boots.

What does suck, is some bozo on an ATV tore up some of the trail where ATVs are definitely not supposed, nor allowed, to go. There are plenty of trails in that area just for them, but some people just do not get it. They want it their way and screw everybody else. How do you fix a selfish attitude like that? Most of the ATV and motocross guys are really good about it though. Oh yeah, there are one or two motocross boneheads too, but they seem to have realised they should not be on that trail. So, thank-you.

Tomorrow, I am attending an event run by the above referred to organisation for the first time in more than six-hand-a-half years as a non-member as I await confirmation of my status. The only reason I can attend is that the boy is a member and is participating in it.

I do not think I can even blog about it. Which is too bad, because there are usually some good tales to tell.

See ya tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment