pages

search the rooster

Saturday, April 01, 2017

cepacol pulls it out of the hat

My tooth is not getting any better. I have to take more and more painkillers everyday. When I see the dental surgeon this upcoming Friday, he is only looking at the tooth and discussing options. I have no idea when I will get relief from this dental agony.

So, today I was going to be out all day. I had been taking Tylenol 3 with codeine and now 1000 mg of ibuprofen. But I cannot take codeine and drive around the city.

I grabbed a pack of Cēpacol from one of my go bags to see if it is still as miraculous as when I was in the army.

Well, I took one and put it by my sore tooth, which was easy. I had my wisdom teeth and a bunch of molar pulled previously. So, I just slid it in beside and let it dissolve.

Holy mack! The pain was gone. It only lasts about two hours, but the instructions say take one every two to three hours. No worries. I have had eight straight hours of relief.

Home now, so I will quaff down some T3 and ibuprofen, but I am hitting my pharmacist on Monday and buying more. Bonus, his prices are cheaper in my little town than the big boys in the city.

He also has Strepsils, which I thought was only available in the UK, but I have seen it all about since I mentioned that. No sign of the hospital flavour ones though.

Some varieties have, to quote their site: "Hexylresorcinol 2.4mg - an ingredient which is both antiseptic to fight bacterial throat infections but also has anaesthetic properties to numb throat pain." (strepsils.co.uk)

So, I am down with that. If Cēpacol gives me relief for two hours without that stuff, I figure the Strepsils will be like being in a Swiss clinic.

It almost makes me want to break my arm or twist my ankle.

No comments:

Post a Comment