pages

search the rooster

Monday, April 10, 2017

lame posts

Looking back at some of my posts, I realise some are less than stellar. Some, I think, are pretty good. I know they will not all be gems, but I am trying to do my best. Usually. Sometimes I am just so flipping busy, I rattle something off quick, but at least I send something out there.

I started this blog on the wife's suggestion actually. I think she thought I would toy around with it for a couple/few weeks and then "get a real job". Alas, I have been at this for just over three months now. Some friends who were aware of my intentions of launching this entity were not so much positive as they were trying not to be negative.

There is not much feedback from my readership so it is hard to gauge what people think and expect. I know people are reading it and the numbers were growing for a bit, but it seems to have levelled off lately.

I have not really actively promoted my blog as yet and the wife is herself apprehensive to do so. She is afraid some weirdos may start following the blog and hassle me. Honestly, so-called weirdos are often entertaining and usually speak up. So, at least I would have more comments on my posts and would see what catches peoples' interests. Besides, I am so very used to being hassled by people, that it would be like a normal day. Just more so.

The extent of my promotion thus far has been when I talk to people about the blog, I always tell them to let their friends, family, lovers, enemies, and total strangers know about it. Sometimes, I even give them a business card.

To be honest. Writing this blog is actually hard for me. I am most certainly a very private person and I knew by starting this I would have to be more open about myself and I have been. I am also a very opinionated person with very strong views. However, I have largely refrained from espousing my personal views in this medium. Really. I have.

I avoid posting about politics and global issues, as most people really are so poorly informed on what is happening on this planet, that trying to explain my views would probably break the interweb. See? My strong views are bubbling at the surface. Most people cannot handle my views, then most people are like ostriches.

I could post about matters closer to home and they would be quite entertaining, I assure you. But I am already pretty close to people showing up at my doorstep with pitchforks and torches and being run out of town by a small moronic faction. So, I will not. At least not for now.

So, what do I do? Keep going and hope to be inspired? Sometimes I truly am, but I will always risk some lame posts. I have seen seasoned and talented bloggers put out some pretty low quality stuff and they have survived. I just do not want to end up posting about the sandwich I made my self for lunch. Unless of course it is a pretty incredible sandwich and maybe it doubles as a portal in to another dimension, then of course I will mention it.

I have some pretty good stuff brewing on the back burner, but like a good bigos, it takes time.

Wow. It sounds like I am whining. Am I? I do not think so. I do not know what my point really is here. Admittedly, I am not sure there is one to make. Just trying to be open about myself I guess.


I will close out with a link to something the boy showed me earlier. It is two takes on trying to inspire people. In the end, both work, but for two very different reasons. Here it is, enjoy! I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment