pages

search the rooster

Sunday, April 16, 2017

personal best on cedar grove trail

I went out solo today on the Cedar Grove Loop Trail. I decided that I would do a power hike and I set a personal best. 

Normally, I do not hike to just get to the end, but every now and again, it is somewhat fun to see how fast I can do it.

Today, oh man, I was moving.

I set a personal best. Less than forty minutes, but let me tell you, I will not be doing that again for some time.

I did not run at all, but there was hopping, leaping, jumping, sliding, and even a couple of mini pole vaults over some nasty mud.

There are a couple of old bypasses built in to the trail to get around a couple of the nastier mud, but they definitely need some grooming. A future project to add to the maintenance list.

Not only did I set an over all personal best, but I set one to the shelter on the trail as well.


obviously my acrobatics on the trail increased my distance
not sure why it says I was not moving for three minutes, i never stopped during the hike

at the shelter

When I started, I thought I may only shave a minute, maybe two, off my best time of 45:24 and at the shelter of 26:15. Yet, I shaved off  two minutes and forty seconds off at the shelter and six minutes and thirty-nine seconds over all, with a slightly longer distance: 4.24 km as opposed to 4.11 km. An extra 130 metres from the bypasses.

I am pretty impressed with my time of 38:45. I do not think I will be able to beat that just hiking, unless maybe it is completely dry on the trail. 

I do enjoy the leisurely hikes much more though, but it is great to be able to test oneself every now and again. You never know, maybe when the trail dries out, I may try to beat my time again. Maybe.

i came full circle 
(snapped after the image below so the time is longer)

i snapped this as i got to the truck door, it went wonky
it does show average moving speed as 7.18 km/h though
i do not know how, when i did not move for three minutes?

No comments:

Post a Comment